At UCare, we deliver high-quality health coverage and services to help more than 400,000 members of all ages maintain and improve their health. It's a big job that takes innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Above all, it takes a compassionate team that is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and our communities.
Working at UCare is more than just a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization, and shapes how we interact with our members and each other.
Sales Manager - Regional
This position is responsible to manage the daily operations and overall direction for the sales operations of assigned products and programs for non-metro UCare service areas. This includes sales generated by both captive and contracted independent sales agents. The position requires extensive travel, including both day and overnight travel. This position will work closely with the Department Director to develop and implement Medicare product growth and sales strategies necessary to achieve organizational goals.
· Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate sales staff, including captive and independent contracted insurance sales agents. Conduct regular department meetings.
· Collaborate with Sales Director on overall sales and marketing strategy and product growth. Adjust corresponding sales activities as needed.
· Manage planning and development of all internal and community based sales activity.
· Manage continuous improvement of sales performance including financial, market success, administration and reporting of activity.
· Provide strategic management support on assigned product lines.
· Manage database development and maintenance. Oversee development, production, and distribution of appropriate status reporting
· Serve as a resource and consultant to other departments on assigned products. This includes training other individuals (staff or outsourced personnel) on sales and related activities.
· Collaborate with Marketing Communications, Product Management and Development, and other departments as appropriate to develop product promotional material and sales tools.
· Collaborate with other departments and teams to ensure maximum success of UCare product lines and sales efforts.
· Manage the writing of prospect and member materials owned by the Department. Ensure that materials are produced pursuant to the required member materials process map.
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires three years of progressively complex experience in a product or service-based organization with product/market sales responsibilities, along with two years managerial/supervisory experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing along with Minnesota/Wisconsin Life & Health Insurance Licenses required. Graduate degree with focus in Marketing preferred.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in health care/managed care and experience working with senior populations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
2. Proven ability to manage conflict and negotiate effectively
3. Effective problem solving skills
4. Ability to protect confidential information
5. Demonstrated organizational, time management and analytical skills
6. Ability to evaluate and trend department issues related to customer inquiries
The UCare Difference
UCare is proud to be a recognized Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 5th consecutive year. As a part of our collaborative team, you'll experience the rewards that come with helping others and seeing the positive results of your hard work. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and give you the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, a myriad of volunteer activities, and a number of other rewards.
If you're looking for a welcoming environment that celebrates what you have to offer, helps you build on your strengths, and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.